Prizes & Winners!
Congratulations to our 2015 Catch Me at My Best prize winners. This year, 225 Team Members were selected to receive a US $50 gift card. That's more than ever before! Thank you for your participation, and for helping “fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality.”
August Catch Me Winners
100 Team Members from 28 different countries were selected as August winners. Each Team Member below will receive a US $50 gift card. Winners will be notified by the Hilton recognition team.
- Cyntia Alonso, Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Mexico City - Centro Historico
- Joel Barker, Hilton Portland & Executive Tower
- Kelab Blas, Homewood Suites by Hilton Huntsville Downtown
- Dakota Brott, Hilton Garden Inn Omaha West
- Caitlin Brownlie, Hampton by Hilton Glasgow Central
- Megan Butler, Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Halifax-Dartmouth
- Anya Carino, Hilton Mississauga/Meadowvale
- Kari Cole, Conrad Pezula
- Alina D, DoubleTree Fallsview Resort & Spa by Hilton - Niagara Falls
- Bellary Dardin-Davis, Conrad Indianapolis
- Monica De Castro, Regional Headquarters – Europe Watford
- Seikou Dembele, Hilton Paris Orly Airport
- Monica Duran, Hampton Inn & Suites El Paso West
- Liesa Erlebach, Waldorf Astoria Berlin
- Rachel Farris, Home2 Suites by Hilton Bellingham Airport
- Marie Jessica Jennifer Frederic, Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa
- Yesenia Garcia, Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello
- Natalia Gerasimov, Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Laval
- Aleksandra Glowacka, HGI Dublin Custom House
- Sergey Grunyahin, Hampton by Hilton Samara
- Dwain Henry, Hampton by Hilton Bristol Airport
- Elizabeth Hodges, Embassy Suites by Hilton Little Rock
- Takesha Hutton, Embassy Suites by Hilton Williamsburg
- Akiko Kamisaka, Conrad Tokyo
- Doaa Khalil, Dubai
- Bablu Khan, DoubleTree by Hilton Agra
- Jesse Kittlestad, Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Downtown Convention Center
- Natalia Koziak, Hampton by Hilton Birmingham City North
- Puneet Kumar, Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah
- Haytham Mahmoud Ali, Hilton Marsa Alam Nubian Resort
- Oliwia Majsterek, DoubleTree by Hilton Lodz
- Jacklyn Marquez, The Beverly Hilton
- Joe Martinez, La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
- Marie Sinclair Menard, DoubleTree by Hilton Tarrytown
- Karina Montero, Anselmo Buenos Aires, Curio Collection by Hilton
- Darwin Morales, Waldorf Astoria Jeddah - Qasr al Sharq
- Ryan Mullen, Hampton Inn Cortland
- Ashlynne Newmann, Homewood Suites by Hilton Waterloo/St. Jacobs
- Shen Ni Ng, DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur
- Larry Nimpson, Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis North
- Lisa Ocheltree, Embassy Suites by Hilton Akron Canton Airport
- Lidia Olivares, Hilton Garden Inn Boca del Rio, Veracruz
- Elizabeth Orosco, Hilton Garden Inn Odessa
- Paige Perkey, Home2 Suites by Hilton Knoxville West
- Henry Pizarro, Hilton Garden Inn Liberia Airport
- Jennifer Poe, Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati Northeast Blue Ash
- Meenu Prajapati, DoubleTree by Hilton Resort & Spa Marjan Island
- Michele Proclamato, Hilton Lake Como
- Jasoda Ramcharran, Hilton Boston Back Bay
- Burton Richards, The Fess Parker Santa Barbara Hotel - a DoubleTree by Hilton Resort
- Topias Riikonen, Hilton Helsinki Strand
- Maria (Eva) Rodriguez, Hampton Inn Mebane
- Susan Round, Hilton Garden Inn Reno
- Erika Ruiz, Hilton Garden Inn Tucuman
- Laurie Ryan, Hampton Inn Fishkill
- Pheap San, Home2 Suites by Hilton West Edmonton
- Yatsek Shchepansky, DoubleTree by Hilton Tyumen
- Ivan Shopov, Reichshof Hamburg, A Member of Curio Collection by Hilton
- Kelsie Simmons, Hampton Inn Marion
- Sarah Somerville, Singapore
- Summer Stiffler, Hilton Columbus at Easton
- Gomi Suppiah, Shanghai
- Naoto Takara, Hilton Okinawa Chatan Resort
- Danielle Valdivia, Homewood Suites by Hilton Santa Fe-North
- Joey Vercher, Dallas-Colonnade
- Ramona Vester, Hampton Inn Troy
- Neil Wang, Conrad Xiamen
- James Whitehead, Hampton Inn by Hilton North Bay
- Rusty Woody, Hampton Inn Dahlgren
- Frienda Yan, Hampton Inn Tremonton
- Brandon (Sang Yup) Yoon, Conrad Seoul
- Hongling Zheng, Hilton Yantai Golden Coast
- Joyce Zhu, DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wuxi
- Aydin Aydinoglu, Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus
"Aydin fixed one of our hotel's old metal detectors. The detector was was broken, and when the supplier was consulted they said that it was beyond repair. They adviced to buy a new one instead of having the old fixed, because it was too old and pieces to replace couldn't be found in the market. This did not stopped Aydin from trying. He made a research, and managed to find the necassary pieces for replacement. He dedicated his time to fix the the detector, and put in a great effort. Finally he managed to fix it, saving the hotel from buying a new one. "
- Meaghan Condes, HIlton Garden Inn Auburn
"We have a guest In-house who's husband is in the hospital. He had a stroke on their way to the hotel. Meaghan sent a card up to Mrs. Titus's room letting her know that we are here for her with anything she may need. This card really touched Mrs. Titus. Way to go, Meghan for going above and beyond and doing your best to make our guest feel comfortable, especially with the situation she is dealing with. "
- Jovita Duran, DoubleTree by Hilton Newark - Fremont
"On Monday July 31st Jovita was at the break room having lunch when she observed another team member choking on a piece of meat. He was coughing so hard and his face already changing colors. Other team members were present and where telling him to drink water but of course it was not helping. Jovita just got up and gave him the Heimlich maneuver he immediately felt better since the piece of food came out. Jovita came to me and was explaining what happened and how bad she felt for the chocking team member. I thank her for what she had done since I don't think she realized she just saved someone's life. "
- Ling Fu, Hilton Zhengzhou
"The guest of 2106 said our colleague is really professional and responsible for the security of guest's belongings. Since when he came back to his room, his room was cleaned by Ling Fu. And he just walked in without using room card. When he tried to fins something in his bag, Ling Fu stopped him and grabbed his room card to check whether he is staying in that room. The guest felt so safe about our property ."
- Erika Kozlowski, Hilton President Kansas City
"An employee lost her phone. After watching the camera's to make sure it wasn't stolen, we realized it was in the trash. Erika DUG through the trash to retrieve the phone for her. SHE IS A ROCKSTAR!"
- Melissa LaBarbera, Hampton Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile
"Melissa has made a difficult trip much easier on us. My daughter is going through HSCT at Northwestern, and we have been juggling all of the travel, hotel, and hospital expenses as well as all of the support items such as laundry, paperwork, etc. Melissa has been with us every step of the way offering suggestions, advice, and a shoulder to cry on. She goes way above and beyond her job description. We will definitely use Hilton again because of her. ~ Catch submitted by a guest"
- Leonardo Mageste, Hilton Rio de Janerio Copacabana
"ME FOI PASSADO O CONTROLE COM BASE NAS PLANILHAS DO HILTON BARRA, MAS CONFESSO QUE NÃO ESTAVA SATISFEITA. NÃO TINHA UMA CONTINUIDADE E NÃO FAZIA MUITO SENTIDO. POR VEZES TENTEI MELHORAR, MAS TAMBÉM NÃO FICAVA BOA, O QUE ME PREOCUPAVA. FOI QUANDO O LÉO VEIO OLHAR E TAMBÉM NÃO APROVOU DA FORMA COMO ERA FEITO, DAÍ SE PROPÔS A CRIAR UM CONTROLE DE EXCEL; SENTOU AO MEU LADO E COMEÇOU A FAZER, MAS COMO A COMPLEXIDADE ERA MUITO GRANDE, FALOU QUE LEVARIA PARA FAZER EM CASA, ISSO NA SEXTA-FEIRA. QUANDO CHEGOU NO DOMINGO ME PASSOU UMA MENSAGEM DIZENDO QUE TINHA TERMINADO E QUE TINHA FICADO SHOW! DURANTE A SEMANA ELE ME APRESENTOU A PLANILHA, UM VERDADEIRO PROGRAMA, FIQUEI ENCANTADA[...] ELE PASSOU A FOLGA DO SÁBADO TRABALHANDO ATÉ DE MADRUGADA NA PLANILHA! [...] ME DÁ SUPORTE TÉCNICO DIARIAMENTE, SEMPRE QUE PRECISO E NA MAIOR BOA VONTADE. [...] LÉO SUA ENORME AJUDA EM MUITO MELHOROU MEU TRABALHO. [...] MEU RECONHECIMENTO PARA VOCÊ VAI ATÉ DEPOIS DO FIM!"
- Khaled Rayan , Ramses Hilton
"While patrolling the hotel perimeter, he noticed that were two children playing in the balcony of room 506 and one of them climbed the balcony and faced the danger of falling down. Without hesitation and without wasting any time, Khaled reported DM and went up to the room in a flash where it was knocked on and a young lady opened the door and was notified of the case. She showed that she is their sister and that she slept and forgot them in the balcony. The two children were helped to enter the room and the lady thanked Khaled so much as he rescued the children of sure death if one of them fell from the balcony from that height."
- Daniel Semere, Hampton Inn by Hilton Winnipeg Airport/Polo Park, MD
"My wife and I stayed from Aug. 13- Aug 16.We would like to pass on some compliments about Daniel. We feel his personality and rapport with arriving guests makes him a model for front of the house staff. We were last in Winnipeg approx. 18 yrs ago. We had no plans on anything special or even how to get around. We just figured we would ask for suggestions at the hotel. This decision worked out perfectly for us. He made several recommendations and was enthusiastic about Folkorama. He provided excellent driving directions and we ended up going to three pavilions , enjoying them all immensely , we squeezed in the Human Rights Museum Shopping , and more. When we returned nightly , when he was done taking care of other guests, we would discuss what we had done during that day. It wa a lot of fun. I rarely am comfortable doing thiings like that but Daniel just has that personality. My wife and I had a great time in Winnipeg and I have to think Daniel was the catalyst to get it all in motion. "
- Rosario Taipe, DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paracas - Peru
"Atendio en el topico a mis hijos cuando se lastimaron los pies corriendo. Fue sumamente amable y paciente con ellos. ademas de muy profesional en la curacion. El 3 de agosto nos sorprendio pues ademas de ser la encargada del topico, apoyo a sus compaÃ±eros de hopusekeeping a secar el piso del baÃ±o. Es un super valor para el Hilton. Servicio, compromisoy solidaridad. Muchas gracias Jorge Zegarra"
- Kaja Watson, Hampton Inn Waynesboro
"Kaja was caught at her best by a guest who had been traveling the night before and all day. She and her child were in need of accommodations and the only room available was one that had been missed by housekeeping due to an early departure. Recognizing the distress of the guest, Kaja, ran to the room, cleaned it thoroughly and was able to offer this tired mother and her child a place to rest. Kaja then offered the hungry child milk and cereal from the breakfast area since all of the restaurants were closed. Later that evening the mother returned to the front desk and expressed that she and the child were walking the hotel with hopes of the child getting sleepy, Kaja responded by offering the child crayons and coloring pages. The mother reported in the morning how grateful she was for Kaja and how the coloring pages helped the child settle down and they both were able to get rest."
- Rosa Yactayo, DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel and Conference Center
"Last week one of our Housekeepers Rosa Yactayo as a Good Samaritan saved the life of her co-worker. Rosa reacted to the situation and with no doubt she performed the Heimlich maneuver. THANK YOU Rosa you are our Hero!"
- Laura Amaral, Embassy Suites by Hilton Deerfield Beach Resort & Spa
"We played a game of Catch me Forward with Selfies where the Manager started the day with 9 catch me cards in their hand; they would catch the first person, take a selfie and hand over the 8 catch me cards to the person caught asking them to Catch me Forward, basically to pay it forward; then that person would catch the next person, do a selfie and hand over the 7 cards for that person to catch forward. We did collages with all the selfies and shared them with our team in stand ups, email and Marlin board. It caught on and it was a lot of fun!"
- Jane Cao, Hilton Shenzhen Futian
"How to delivery and spread the spirit of recognition to all of team members? We-Chat is the most popular social media in china. Almost all of team members have the We-Chat, so we edit We-Chat story with photo who is the protagonist of Catch me at my best.So far we already post three team members from different section weekly, who are shining stars of catch me program. We are planning to interview the ENG protagonist this week. This Friday will post ENG catch me hero at We-Chat. All team members are glad to see their colleague who are shown in the We-Chat, like they are well-know figures. Yes, they are more valuable than the well know figures in HILTON.That's really a good method to spread Hilton value to real life."
- Rebecca Clements, Home2 Suites by Hilton La Crosse
"We have a lot of fun with the Catch Me at My Best program at our hotel and the whole team enjoys it! At the end of each of the three months, the team member with the most catches from both FOH and BOH are the winners! As a prize, they are able to pick a manager of their choosing and either get to push the manager in the pool or pie them in the face. This has had a really great response so far. For the June winners, pushing people in the pool was the popular decision. That ended up being an impromptu pool party for the whole team. The July winners chose to pie their managers in the face. Both of the pies were a bit of a surprise and one was stuffed full with mushrooms and the other was made of shaving cream! Who knows what August winners will choose. At the end of the three months, we will have a grand prize for the winner of both the FOH and BOH with the most cumulative catches over the summer as well!"
- Brandy Dixon, Hampton Inn Indianapolis SW/Plainfield
"We have prizes for Front and Heart of house for each month's winners, a prize for each overall winner and a grand prize drawing, which every employee gets a name in the drawing for EACH Catch Me they received. On the last day of the contest this year, I challenged each and every employee to write FIVE catch me cards before they went home for anyone they wanted and turn them in before they left. It was called Project Fill the Box!! AND IT WORKED!! I have a TON of more Catch Me's to enter today. It was a great way for newer employees to meet and learn about our other employees no matter what department they work in. We will end the contest with a huge celebration, catered lunch, and gift bags with fun stuff for everyone. At the beginning, we kicked it off with a pizza party and gift bags for everyone with Catch Me T-shirts that they could wear every Friday with their uniform pants, or they could pay $2.00 and wear jeans. We collected $140 over the summer just for wearing jeans and we will be matching that and donating it to a charity that we vote on at the Catch Me Party. Super excited to do our part and give back as well."
- Ally Martin, Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head
"To challenge the leadership team weekly on recognizing the staff where every leader will write a minimum of 5 Catch Me's to recognize then we read a few of them allowed during our huddles to help motivate and inspire based of of their actions in their Catch! Lastly we post all catch me's on our shout out wall for all team members to see and award our highest caught with gift cards!"
- Nicole Pinkham, Doubletree by Hilton Bethesda
"During our Monthly Employee Lunch Celebration we announced and shared with everyone who won gift cards. Both Karen and Roza pictured with our General Manager, Steve Wieder, received a certificate and a $20 Gift Card each for recently getting 10 Catches!! We tally up our catches and for every 10 catches an employee gets we give them a $20 gift card. Karen and Roza were the latest winners. We wanted to award them and recognize them in front of everyone and thank them for all that they do to make our guests feel welcome!"
- Chrissy Powers, Homewood Suites by Hilton Concord Charlotte
"For our very first Catch Me Year here at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Concord Charlotte, we went with a Golf Theme which is called the HWS Tour. We created a golf course using a table to make it appear 3D. There are holes through out the course from the 10th hole to the 100th hole. Every time a catch is received each team member's golf ball is moved up the course. The table sits in our lobby beside the front desk for the guest to see. Each week we change out the Catch Me's received so that the guest can see what others are saying about our staff and is also a great conversation starter. The guests want to know what it is and how they can be involved. June was F&B Month, August was Heart of the House month and August is Front Desk Month. We created a calendar for each month with recognition and fun things to do that helps to keep Catch Me alive."
- Eddie Coloma, DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport
- Swanny Hongz, Hilton Nay Pyi Taw
- Blanca Mendez, Hampton Inn North Little Rock-McCain Mall
- Yohana Myete, DoubleTree by Hilton Zanzibar - Stone Town
- Priyanka Shirke, Conrad Pune
- Lance Steady, DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
- Jaiden W, Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton
July Catch Me Winners
75 Team Members from 27 different countries were selected as July winners. Each Team Member below will receive a US $50 gift card. Winners will be notified by the Hilton recognition team.
- Anastacia Agana, Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
- Candice Appleton, Home2 Suites by Hilton Pigeon Forge
- Andrada Badea, DoubleTree by Hilton Newbury North
- Rahman Bahrin, Hilton Petaling Jaya
- Lauren Bracken, Dallas HRCC
- Jesus Villa Brito, Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington
- Michael Brumbles, Hilton Garden Inn Martinsburg
- Juanita Chipp, Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Simons Island
- Mariana Cossio, Hilton Mexico City Reforma
- Virginia Demuro, DoubleTree by Hilton London - Tower of London
- Brenda Drake, Hampton Inn Wausau
- Marina Zarif Fahmy, Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina
- Azzurra Fantera, La Bagnaia Siena Golf & Spa Resort, Curio Collection by Hilton
- Kristina Fisher, Providence Biltmore, Curio Collection by Hilton
- Sherwin Florenosos, Conrad Manila
- Anna Maria Gansmaier, Hilton Munich Airport
- Dinuka Prasad Rajapaksha Gedara, Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah
- Preston Glasgow, The Broadway Columbia - a DoubleTree by Hilton
- Chelsea Hawkins, Hilton Garden Inn Lawton-Fort Sill
- Maria Hernandez, Hampton Inn Montrose
- Kim Hoff, Hampton Inn & Suites Bemidji
- Jason Inman, Hilton Garden Inn Asheville Downtown
- Evelyn Jara, DoubleTree by Hilton Santiago - Vitacura
- Jerry Jiang, DoubleTree by Hilton Anshun
- Erin Johnson, Homewood Suites by Hilton Dayton - Fairborn (Wright Patterson)
- Lincoln Kee, Singapore
- Tsz Ching, Lauren Lee, Conrad Hong Kong
- Maryan M, Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis Airport
- Knoweldge Maphosa, DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Town - Upper Eastside
- Joao Melo, Hampton Inn Boston/Cambridge
- Edin Mendoza, Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington DC Chevy Chase Pavilion
- Yumi Miseki, Other
- Amir Bait Nawira, Hilton Salalah
- Cecile Oberti, DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg
- Stanley ONeal, Tampa HRCC
- Prashant Patil, Hilton Dead Sea Resort & Spa
- Philip Patino, Conrad Dublin
- Rhonda Paul, Hilton Garden Inn Wichita
- Jimmy Pauling, Home2 Suites by Hilton Grovetown Augusta Area
- Jaime Pizaro, Embassy Suites by Hilton La Quinta Hotel & Spa
- Lina Rachdi, Hilton Garden Inn Tanger City Center
- Felicia Recio, Embassy Suites by Hilton San Luis Obispo
- Tim Ryan, Hilton Garden Inn Kansas City/Kansas
- Tekura Sadaraka, Hilton Auckland
- Tachaka Server, Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah
- Devon Shannon, Homewood Suites by Hilton Cleveland/Sheffield
- Karine Simonyan, Velofirma LLC, c/o Doubletree by Hilton Yerevan City Centre
- Branden St Andre, The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel
- Margo Grace Stieg, DoubleTree by Hilton Dubai - Business Bay
- Jessica Testa, Memphis
- Doreen Bebongchu , DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Orlando at SeaWorld
"Yesterday, I witnessed Doreen stopping what she was doing to assist another team member in need. The team member is expecting and needed to run to her car in the rain to close her windows. Without hesitation, Doreen insisted on taking care of the situation for her fellow coworker, to keep her safe and dry! Thanks Doreen for going out of your way to show true hospitality! Arianna Arpke - Reservations Manager"
- Lana Cazarina , Embassy Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Baymeadows
"Lana went above and beyond to help Mr. Smith when is insulin was found frozen in his suite fridge. She assisted me with gathering all documentation so we could expedite the insurance claim and even drove the guest to the pharmacy to pick up the replacement! -"
- Autumn Chappel , Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa I-44
""I would like to submit a Catch Me on behalf of Autumn who literally saved my butt. Had she not noticed that the fountain was about to overflow, I would have had a huge mess to clean and most likely a bunch of very upset guests that were around the fountain. Of all of the servers, bartenders, and management working all around the fountain that most likely would have seen it, Autumn did. So my forgetfulness could have caused a major flood, but due to her attentiveness, a major flood and guest upset was avoided!" Tony - Property Maintenance"
- Andy Du , Hilton Surfers Paradise
"This morning Andy found an injured Red Neck Avocet wandering around the loading dock, he managed to catch it and keep in the office until RSPCA arrived. I think he definitely deserves a Catch of the Day!!!! Well done to Andy for looking after our native wildlife and for living the Hilton values."
- Tanisha Gibson and Lyneika Smith , Embassy Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh Downtown
"Tanisha observed a co-worker slumped in a chair at the back of the restaurant. She realized something wasn't right when it took her four tries to rouse him. She immediately got Lyneika who promptly got the GM and HR. This co-worker ended up being rushed to the hospital with a suspected cardiac event. Tanisha and Lyneika's swift actions may very well have saved their team mates life. Thanks to both of them for looking after a friend and teammate!"
- Louise Gregory , Hilton College Station
"Our of our guest's pet dog passed away after 14 years. Louise discovered that his breed of dog was the same as her sister's dog. She asked the guest if he would like her sister to bring her dog over for him and he said "I would love that!" Louise's sister showed up and the guest sat with the dog for a good 30 minutes. Way to go above and beyond, Louise!"
- Keith Leonard , Hilton Philadelphia at Penn’s Landing
"On Sunday 7/2 our restaurant did over 300 covers for dinner and was short staffed due to call outs. The Manager Keith jumped in a served tables during the rush when servers overwhelmed and behind. The service from Keith was so good one of his tables came to me and told me the service he provided to her was the best she has ever received in a lifetime of going out to eat. She stated she was planning to leave a very good tip but wanted to let me know how good he was to her table. At the end of the night Keith took all of the tips he earned helping out and split them up between the Bussers after letting them know what a great job they did efficiently turning tables so that we could serve guests quickly. Way to take care of your team Keith!"
- Parma Mudaliar , DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Fiji , Sonaisali Island
"On the 14th of June 2017 (TMAW) this gentleman was on his way to do his pickup route from town at 3am in the morning, while he came across a house on fire. He broken into the house to wake the family and bring them out safely. He is a great Hero, because he managed to save 7 lives on a cold morning under a roof on fire. Thank you Parma for the Care spirit in you!! Keep up the great effort."
- Jessica Ramos , Doubletree by Hilton Houston Downtown
" Once our Catches of the Week are selected, an email is sent out to everyone in the hotel announcing the winners with a short summary of what they did to make someone’s day special. We post flyers in our Heart of House of the Catch Me Winners with a short summary for all team members to see. When the team members come to pick-up their prize, we take their picture with their personalized letter, catch cards received and prize chosen. Catch Me Winners Pictures and catch cards are posted in the department areas, department bulletin boards our CARE Board and our Catch Me at My Best Board. We even take it one step further and post their pictures with a short summary onto our Doubletree by Hilton Houston Downtown Facebook Page. They absolutely love to be recognized worldwide! Once the Catch Me At My Best Program is over, we choose one team member as our Catch Me at My Best 2017 Winner who will receive a grand prize!"
- Vanessa Sant'Anna , Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi
"From the airport to the Hilton, I got robbed ( a gun pointed at me ). When I arrived at the hotel, Vanessa did a great job to help me and to facilitate everything. Thanks to the security manager, the police was able to find the thief."
- Crystal Weber , DoubleTree by Hilton Jacksonville Airport
"Crystal is one of our newest housekeeping team members and was caught by our Maintenance Technician Al Horvath...Al wrote that he was moving a new PTAC in the lanai area of our hotel and was in a Load Maximum position when his hand truck moved. Crystal noticed the situation and sprung into action responding immediately and saved him from a possible injury or damage to the new PTAC unit. Way to go Crystal!! Thanks for saving the day!! Thank you for practicing safety and thank you for CARING!!!"
- Donta Wilson , Hampton Inn & Suites Bolingbrook
"My wife and I arrived at the Hampton at Bolingbrook, Il on June 29th to stay for six nights. My wife has MS and needed a handicap room which we were given. When it came to bedtime the 1st night, we discovered that the bed was too high for my wife to get on. I went to the desk and asked Donta about a lower bed. He was sorry to say all the beds in the hotel were the same height. He volunteered get put a cot in the room that was lower until a better solution could be found. The next day, I spoke with Donta about any solutions. I said if we only we had a stool, she could get on the bed. Donta searched the property for such an item but no one could be found. Donta vowed to get a stool if he had to go out and buy one himself. The 2nd evening, sure enough a stool was at the side of the bed. Problem solved by Donta and the cot was gone. My wife could sleep in the proper bed. Donta was helpful, friendly, cooperative and generous. Please recognize him for his efforts. "
- Kristopher Young , Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs™ Area
"Kris is caught for going above and beyond to help guest in a moment of emergency. Kris performed CPR on an unconscious guest and saved her life. "
- Jennifer Baker , Hilton Greenville NC
"Here at the Hilton Greenville NC we have a theme each week to make sure everyone has a chance to be a winner! Only 2 of the weekly themes would exclude back of the house; that would be "Most Front of the House" week and "Most Management" catches week. All others give each team member the opportunity to win the weekly $10 cash prize. Last week, week 4, was the "Most Back of the House", in which the back of the house team member with the most catches won the cash prize. Our winner was Coy Ragsdale, one of our maintenance engineers. During the "Most Above and Beyond" weekly theme, a back of the house employee, Houseman Ervin Ford, was the winner! We have "Catch Me at My Best" boards in three places; housekeeping by the time clock, in our breakroom in the banquet hall, and near our front desk/management office. Each week we take a picture of the team member receiving their catches and candy. The pictures are posted...some from every department, in all three areas. This way, every team member gets to see the participation from all walks of Hilton employees. As an added FUN bonus, each week, the winner's photo is showcased in a funny poster that is displayed as well! We are striving to make this an all inclusive Catch Me At My Best!!"
- Desaree Brisco , Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix/Scottsdale
"At our Homewood we created Jenny Bucks, our GM's name is Jennifer so we made it very fitting and unique to our hotel. We have various ways to earn Jenny bucks including but not limited to Catch me at my best, SALT review with name mentioned or your department, taking initiative or exercising OPOG at its best. Our staff can cash in Jenny bucks for PTO, Homewood swag, Hilton Honors points or even Suite Shop items. Our Jenny bucks incentive program has motivated all departments and are SALT score is slowly rising. The improvement has been phenomenal and we are inspired to make a change instead of just making a dollar."
- Annie Franco , DoubleTree by Hilton Washington DC -Silver Spring
"We had all team members personalize a sea creature to add to our Catch Me Underwater Mural. As team members receive catches, their sea creature moves along the sea. Team Members have fun seeing how many catches each person has and who is moving deepest into the sea. Also, we came up with the tag line "Take the Bait...Catch a Mate"!"
- Damian Humphreys , Hampton inn Anthem
"As we go through a renovation, we find that attention to detail in the rooms becomes more important. Housekeepers who note two or more issues in a room earn a catch me from Maintenance as this helps our PM program become efficient and hopefully will begin a habit forming best practice..... everyone wins!!!"
- Sara Janssen , Hilton Seattle Airport & Conference Center, Seattle, WA
"We are so excited to start Catch Me Week today! We have special themes and prizes planned for every day. Each day focuses on unique chances to recognize our Team Members. Monday, we are awarding a prize for the Team Member who writes the most Catch Me cards. Tuesday is all about managers and supervisors recognizing their Team Members. Each supervisor and manager is tasked to write a Catch Me for every one of their Team Members working that day. Wednesday is Winning Wednesday, where each Catch Me turned in will be entered into a drawing, and the writer and receiver wins a prize. Thursday is Thoughtful Thursday, where Team Members are tasked to think of someone who really makes a difference for them everyday and Catch them! Friday is Friendly Friday, where Team Members are tasked to Catch someone outside of their department who they always see working hard. Saturday is Smile Saturday. Team Members are asked to Catch someone who makes them smile. Finally, Superstar Sunday is all about Catching people who live out the HILTON values every day. We are so excited as this week begins. Although our hotel is small, we are a mighty Catch Me force!"
- Jose Lara , Doubletree By Hilton Houston Hobby Airport
"We had this great idea of painting a tree with branches, each branch is the name of departments and, for each catch me at my best card, is a leaf that is placed on the branch, this is to motivate our employees to fill their branch."
- Cameron Marsicek , Millenium Hilton
"Our program this year is entirely designed and themed around detectives to add energy and excitement to this already great recognition program. We have themed days every week, such as Magnified Mondays, where Team Members caught on a Monday receive a chocolate magnifying glass! Each week we also recognize the top agent (catcher) and suspect (catchee) and have a photo wall with detective props to build our Catch Me recognition wall in the Heart of House. The best catch of the week gets to decode a puzzle to select a fun prize such as a gift card or small gift. We also have weeks dedicated to each department where we as a hotel focus our efforts on recognition and engagement to ensure no Team Member isn't caught throughout the entire summer!"
- Clare Pusateri , Homewood Suites Stratford CT
"Each Manager is supporting a department (not their own) in competing to see which team gets the highest average catches per individual team member. It keeps everyone involved and creative!"
- Jean Fleurismond , Hilton Pearl River
- Carlene Holman , Hampton Inn Bangor
- Lisa L , Homewood Suites by Hilton Sudbury
- Nermine Mohareb , Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa
- Julio Moreno , DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Austin
- Veronica Zamora , Hilton Garden Inn Guatemala City
June Catch Me Winners
50 Team Members from 20 different countries were selected as June winners. Each Team Member below will receive a US $50 gift card. Winners will be notified by the Hilton recognition team.
- Patrick Albonetti, Memphis Commercial Services Ctr
- Eline Annink, Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam
- Khairi Baharom, DoubleTree by Hilton Johor Bahru
- Amr Barakat, Hilton Hurghada Resort
- Maricruz Campos, Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton San Jose Airport
- Chuck Caskey, DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove
- Glorimar Castillovieta, Embassy Suites by Hilton Secaucus Meadowlands
- Ram Chander, Hilton Kuwait Resort
- Chris Collins, Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Midtown
- Mayra Contreras, Hampton Inn Brownwood
- Paul Cutler, President Abraham Lincoln Springfield - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
- Charles Gongloff, Hampton Inn Paragould
- Adam Gromek, DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton
- Tiffany Hoffman, Hampton Inn Bowling Green
- Lado Kakhidze, Hilton Batumi
- Deepak Kumar, DoubleTree by Hilton Gurgaon
- Maribel Lopez, Hilton Garden Inn Victorville
- Nurlan Mammadov, AlRayyan Hotel Doha, Curio Collection by Hilton
- Milena Martinez, Waldorf Astoria Panama
- Dean McVey, Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian
- Hany Mokhtar, Hilton International (Shanghai) Co, Ltd
- Ellie Pindell, Hampton Inn Batesville
- Veronica Robledo, Conrad by Hilton San Luis Potosi
- Lisa Scheneman, Hampton Inn & Suites Douglas
- Nitanth Suryanarayan, Homewood Suites by Hilton Ajax
- Lisa Tang, Dallas HRCC
- Amy Tregidgo, Watford
- Valerie Wardle, Hilton Garden Inn Calgary Airport
- Elithe Williams, DoubleTree by Hilton Hartford - Bradley Airport
- Matthew Wright, DoubleTree by Hilton Lincoln
- Vanessa Xenohristos, McLean
- Magendra Berdayah, Hilton Singapore
"My wife, 5-month old baby and I are currently on holiday in Singapore, staying at the St Regis. We were walking past the Hilton this morning when we got caught in an absolutely torrential downpour. We were using the hotel's awning to shelter from the rain and dry our baby off when one of your staff members, Mr Magendra Berdayah, completely unbidden, came out of the hotel with a fresh towel to help us out. He then invited us in to the hotel lobby to help dry off completely, gave us some bottled water and even had our baby's blanket dried and ironed! I am a Diamond Hhonors member and was extremely gratified to see this kind of service from Mr Berdayah. Obviously, he had no idea of this, but this kind of service was far above and beyond anything I would expect, particularly given that we were not staying in the hotel."
- Chris Brucci, Hampton Inn Port Charlotte/Punta Gorda
"Chris at the front desk was in the service and he talked to my daughter at length abut his experience in the US military. My daughter, too is planning to go into the military. She is a member of the United States Air Force Civil Air Patrol. He encouraged her and really pumped her up. She had a few bad days before coming to the Hampton that afternoon. God put him in the right place at the right time for my girl! Thanks again"
- Kelsey Cooper, Hampton Inn & Suites Boone
"On Friday Kelsey saved a plate from the toaster that was in flames.! She remained calm and just took care of it and helped the guest remake their toast without putting the plate on the conveyor. Super proud of Kelsey for handling the situation without embarrassing the guest or making a big deal! :) A nearby guest thanked Kelsey for being a FIREFIGHTER in addition to her Breakfast attendant duties!"
- Christian De Casseres, Hilton Helsinki Kalastajatorppa
"Our Lobby Bar closes during the weekends due to the fact that we are a business hotel and mostly guests use our bar during the weekdays. However, yesterday evening a big group arrived willing to watch the Champions League Final match Juventus against Real Madrid. This group had such an overwhelming atmosphere at the bar that they lured a bunch of other guests to join them to watch the match. Christian turned into an occasional bartender claiming drinks from our restaurant all the way to the thirsty guests. Overall lobby bar sales turned into 500 euros because of his effort. This, along with the satisfaction of our guests, is definitely worth a catch. "
- Joseph Mirksy, Conrad New York
"Saved the life of a fellow team member by performing the Heimlich maneuver!"
- Rares Tifrea, DoubleTree by Hilton Oradea
"In the early hours of this morning, I was awoken with an extremely bad back spasm leaving me almost crippled. I could barely pick up the phone and press the emergency button. I explained what was the situation to your employee on duty and told him that I needed an ambulance and what has happened. I tried to get dressed and get ready but it was really difficult with my being unable to move without pain. To my surprise, he called again but this time outside my door and ask if it would be ok he waited with me for the medics. helped me in getting dressed and got my passport and things together. The medics arrived and decided to treat me in the room. He waited and serve as a translator to the medics. And the end of the treatment, he explained to me the instructions they left for the next day. I would like to congratulate this fine gentleman who's name I did not get but he was on night duty last night. He showed real concern and went beyond what was expected. Well done!"
- Zain Yu, Hilton Tianjin Eco-City
"SEC-Dalia 19:17 Yu Zhiyang received the reporter Zhang Xu's report said: underground layer of litter room photoelectric smoke alarm, received the report after the first time in Zhiyang rushed to the scene to confirm, arrived at the scene, Yu Zhi-yang found the scene of a real fire, he kept his mind clear and calm, immediately told the incident in the control room, and then take the fire extinguisher near the fire for the fire, due to rescue in a timely manner, the fire was extinguished, it is due to Zhiyang A time rushed to the scene to confirm, found in a timely and calm treatment for the hotel to avoid a disaster, his sense of ownership worthy of our study and promotion!"
- Rick Zimonick, Hilton New Orleans Riverside
"Rick went out of his way and made multiple calls late at night to get a little girl's cell phone retrieved from the elevator shaft after she had accidentally dropped it through the cracks. The little girl pretty much sobbed happy tears when she was told her phone was retrieved. Awesome Job Rick! "
- Richard Atillo, Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya
"At the employee entrance door we put a digital screen of the Catch Me At My Best poster and weekly it shows Team and Department standings. This will provide more inspiration for our Team Members to work hard and give their best hospitality to our guests, especially since they are able to see their Catch Me standing at the door steps."
- Briana Browning, Homewood Suites Mobile East Bay/Daphne
"During this promotion, I'm planning on walking around without the team knowing that I'm paying extra close attention to what they're doing! I want them to actually be caught doing their best by me! Some of my Team Members have been here for years and they deserve to be recognized."
- Shelly Dutkiewicz, Hampton Inn by Hilton South Haven, MI
"We give prizes to the Team Member that receives the most original "Catch Me" each week. I also do a scavenger hunt, and the Team Member that finds the most items during their shifts each week gets an extra 5 catch me cards added to their tally for the week."
- Jenn Johnson, Doubletree by Hilton Tulsa Downtown
"We have a movie themed Catch Me program. To inform Team Members about the program, we passed out popcorn bags with a note about how we appreciate them. Every department has a movie poster with "Catch" in the title, posted on a "red carpet" (piece of poster paper) along with stars with Team Members' names for their own walk of fame. When a Catch is received, it is dropped into a Nomination box at HR. Every week, we randomly pick one male and female catch for the Best Actor/Best Actress for the week, who wins Catch Me prizes. After this, all catches will be displayed in their department for reminders and encouragement. If we reach our Catch goal for the summer, we're going to have a Cast After-Party with all Team Members. We want to show our Hilton family that we're all stars here, whether they're backstage or in front of the camera."
- Shennel Johnson, Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre / Trinidad & Tobago
"This year our "Catch Me" theme is Superheroes of Service! To encourage more peer-to-peer catches, we created a Catch Me stand where our team members can fill out catch me cards and deposit them. This stand is located near the main entrance of the hotel so team members can easily fill out and deposit the forms. The box is cleared daily!"
- Kris Kratz, Embassy Suites East Peoria Hotel and Conference Center
"Each year we pick a theme. This year is fishing in the "Embas-sea". Every associate has a fish with their name on it posted on the wall. Every catch they receive they get a "fin". At the end of every week, the person with the most catches receives a "Catch me" cup filled with candy. We post the weekly department winners as well as the rankings of associates making catches. All of the catches are posted weekly under the "sea" for everyone to read. It really helps to keep the excitement going with the weekly updates."
- Courtney Scholl, Embassy Suites Winston-Salem
"Each week, the managers select three "Catches of the Week". Each winning Team Member receives a Tackle Box of Goodies and are entered into a drawing for a big prize to be awarded at our closing celebration."
- Rina Wada, Hilton Garden Inn Irvine/OC Airport
"For Catch Me At My Best this year, we wanted to focus on peer-to-peer catches for our hotel. To keep all of our Team Members motivated, we have raffles for our top three receivers and Top two submitters. These five get put into the biweekly raffle, and two lucky winners get to spin our Prize Wheel! Our Prize Wheel has prizes like PTO hours, movie tickets, gift cards, and free lunches, to name a few. This week, our top submitter, Sara, spun the wheel and received a Hilton Logo Tote bag! "
- Miguel Martinez, DoubleTree Club by Hilton Boston-Bayside
- Elvira Korine Mejia, Embassy Suites by Hilton Santo Domingo
- Gina Prather, Home 2 Suites by Hilton Phoenix Chandler
1If Amazon and Visa are not accepted in your country, a bank transfer of an equal amount will be made in the name of the winner.
2Since the level of participation and the catch criteria vary from property to property, we do not take into account the number of catches Team Members have received or made. We encourage hotels to recognize their champions on an individual hotel basis.